I gave myself 25 minutes for the first symbol, from start to finish. Overall I am really happy with the result!
The first design was the curly cloud and a slightly simpler version of the sun. I then realized that with these and some rain drops I could create "cloudy", "sunny", "rainy" and "mixed", but not "windy", which needed it’s own concept. (My husband, ever the helpful critic, saw the wind character and asked whether I was illustrating a different kind of wind...)
Originally I had intended to include a rainbow, but I prefer the simpler, less colorful version. Attempts to multiply some elements also seemed to add more distraction than value.